Great Leap Forwards
|Select the format you want to download, click for the|
or click on one of the
'JSON Resume' formats
ObjectiveBring success to the team.
OpenTextSenior Contract Developer (WFH, HQ in Waterloo, ON) 2022.04-2022.11 Information management software.
- Involved with Pegasus project for License Entitlement management – migration to ServiceNow implementation
- Modified C# and C++ code to get data from ServiceNow web methods
- Made C# code more modular, reducing duplication and simplifying testability
- Created unit tests to validate implementation
SciexSenior Contract Developer (WFH, HQ in Concord, ON) 2020.09-2022.03 SCIEX creates Mass Spectometers and related software.
C#, Jira, SQLite, Agile, Bitbucket
- Worked on the Data Services team solving issues that interact with the various components
- Worked on the Echo project that does acoustic ejection into MS device
- Worked with Sustaining team that dealt with investigating customer field issues after support tiers
- Spent time with many parts of the system investigating and resolving issues
- Fixed some issues with custom FIT tester
TransUnion CanadaSenior Contract Developer (Burlington, ON) 2018.06-2019.12 TransUnion provides credit scores to consumers, and web-based credit management products to corporations.
.Net 4.0, Git, C++ 2011, Eclipse, Java SE8, Mercurial HG, Classic ASP, C#
- Created C++ module to parse text files and populate structure for credit report requests
- Updated C++ module for testing request parser
- Created a C# utility to read different data files (Excel, text, Regex, test-data) and create JSON structure to be used in self-testing
- Created in Java a utility that read data files and created test java files to be run in Maven, to ensure the the Java code still works with the new framework
- Helped incorporate projects into Mecurial for Continuous Integration
- Created a C# utility to validate requests for QA
- Updated ASP scripts to protect against attacks
- Created in C# a parser that read Java source files for DB populating mechanism
- Created in Java a parser that read Java source files for DB populating mechanism
Santander Consumer USAApplication Architect (WFH, HQ in Dallas, TX) 2013.07-2018.03 Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and unsecured consumer lending products.
C# 2.0, C# 7.0, .Net 2.0, .Net 3.5, Team Foundation Server, Git, SubVersioN, T-SQL, XML, Windows Server 2012, WPF, Dynatrace Application Monitor, Splunk, HP Fortify, SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Co-developed a loan decisioning system that is much faster, more versatile, and smaller footprint than the current system
- Defined and enforced standards for the application developers in the organization
- Reviewed designs of application developers to see they met our standards, and evaluate how different components interacted and be leveraged
- Reviewed code of application developers to ensure standards were met
- Assisted in special projects where needed
- Helped troubleshoot when issues arise
Manta Test SystemsContract Developer (Mississauga ON) 2010.02-2013.01 Their mission is to be the globally recognized supplier of choice providing electronic test equipment and services for electrical power system protection and control.
C# 3.0, .Net 4.0, XML, Windows 7, SubVersioN, NSIS, SQLite
- Identified weak parts of the existing RapidReporter product and cleaned up the code, which resulted in major performance improvements.
- Redesigned a report designer for custom reports, which improved stability and performance.
- Replaced a faulty third-party FTP library with built-in .Net functionality, resulting in more reliability with a smaller install footprint.
- Created a mechanism for entering user data that allowed custom data to be imported, exported and reported.
- Created database layer to reduce code duplication and allow cleaner, faster queries with less security risks.
- Added new functionalities such as find and replace.
- Created new business objects to allow for better code reuse.
- Modified application and install scripts to allow for x64 builds.
- Started to create the next generation RapidTest product; helped define terms and functionality.
Christie DigitalContract Developer (Kitchener ON) 2009.02-2010.01 World leader in providing visual solutions.
C# 2.0, .Net 2.0, XML, Team Foundation Server, Windows XP Embedded, Agile
- Joined the Entertainment Solutions team to develop a user-friendly UI for their digital projectors. Utilized their multi-threaded event and real-time messaging system.
- Adapted to their agile-like methodology and met my goals as planned.
- Created functionality for gathering sensor data from the projector hardware and presented that to the projector operator.
- Created an on-screen keyboard to meet the unique requirements of the project.
- Ensured that the code met certain standards, which allowed the product to be internationalized.
- Designed and implemented a utility that imported and exported the UI text between the .resx (UI XML) files and a spreadsheet so third-party translators could translate the text.
- Worked with QA and the documentation department to ensure their software standards were met
- Abstracted our UI controls so we could use a third-party library as well as resolve issues in the library, which allowed for a consistent look and feel across our product.
OpalisContract Developer (Mississauga ON) 2007.10-2008.08 Opalis has helped hundreds of customers automate and optimize their IT processes.
C# 2.0, .Net 2.0, XML, C++, WebService, Agile, ITIL
- Reworked their old modules in order to use their new SDK in .Net. Analyzed requirements based on discussions with product manager, and reviewed bug and wish list logs
- Fixed and improved other modules as required (C++ and C#).
- Resolved issues on their CA Service Desk Integration with ITIL methodology.
Keeven Music(Contract) Analyst/Developer (Burlington ON) 2007.07-2007.10 “General-Ear-Training” music knowledge application used to teach music theory.
C# 2.0, XML, WinForm, Borland C++, UI Design
- Analyzed what the teacher was trying to teach his students so the software could facilitate the learning.
- Built a multi-tier C# 2.0 application, which included a pitch recognition module, and staff and note music control.
- Created a generic question engine that asked questions and kept score. The quiz data was kept in a schema that was stored in encrypted XML.
- Update/bug-fix Borland C++ product 'EarAbility' (teaching music Intervals with pitch recognition with piano control) at end of SDLC
Z-Tech IncContract Developer (Toronto ON) 2007.02-2007.04 Hardware and software for a type of breast cancer detection system.
C# 2.0, WinForm, XML, Tortoise SVN, UI Design
- Created the front-end UI that interacted with specialized USB hardware.
- Built a highly customized Windows application with lots of custom GDI drawing; building, and consuming User Controls.
- Designed and created functionality for a user list, program options, and field customization settings. The settings were stored in XML files.
ABELSoft(Contract) Analyst/Developer (Burlington ON) 2005.04-2007.02 Leading software provider to medical and dental practices.
C# 2.0, .Net 2.0, Access, ADO.Net, C++, C, VB6, SQL Server, Quickbooks integration, Class Design, UI Design
- Designed and executed several competitive data conversions and data analysis projects.
- Reviewed and proposing new strategies for data competitive conversions
- Enhanced the scheduler for bigger capacity; cleaned up logic and data layers.
- Resolved issues with a VB project to export financials to QuickBooks and Simply Accounting.
T4GContract Developer (Toronto ON) 2005.03-2005.03
C#, SQL Server
- Did C# work for running Stored Procedures to load and save data for an online catalogue web-site
Knowledge4YouContract Business Analyst (Toronto ON) 2005.01-2005.02 “Transforms Data into Knowledge” and has a number of B.I. products and services.
UML, Microsoft Word
- Built a RFP Response template to be used by Knowledge4You. Included sections on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Project Methodology and the SDLC.
- Sub-contracted out to the Ontario Government: Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee where I:
- Evaluated current needs based on the old system and user discussions.
- Created UML documents to capture requirements.
- Kept track of features and requirements in Rational Requisite Pro and Word docs.
IvaraContract Developer (Burlington ON + Los Angeles CA) 2004.07-2004.12 Industry leader and innovator in Reliability Centered Maintenance software.
C# 2.0, .Net 2.0, C++, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, VB6, Mimosa
- Defined solutions to migrate data between systems, and implemented interfaces in C#, VB and C++.
- Created a client web-service, which communicated indicator readings with a MIMOSA server via an ODC request.
- On my own time, took the initiative to create a code-generator (in C#) that allowed new hires to understand the object hierarchy in the database and to learn how to query joins and iterate those objects.
- 2 months at a customer site in the L.A. area. Projects involve working with the customer to define solutions to migrate data between systems and to implement interfaces in C#, VB and C++
Siebel SystemsSr Development Manager (Toronto ON) 2000.09-2003.07 Leading provider of CRM software. Siebel acquired Janna Systems in Q4/2000.
Interviewing Hirees, Performance Review, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, C++, Rational ClearCase, COM, IBM DB2, Oracle, Siebel Tools, SQL Server 2000, VB6, RUP, Code Review, Review Design, SDLC
- Development Manager – Server Systems (Janna) September 2000 –2001: Manager of Application Server team (5) focusing on performance and scalability, Remote Server team (4) involved in projects for remote synchronization, and Conduit Synch Team (2) dealing with Outlook and handheld synchronization
- Senior Software Development Manager – Hospitality Industry 2002 – July 2003: Team (15+5) created new application for Hospitality Function Booking Reservation System.
- Helped create new application for Hospitality Function Booking Reservation System. Our team received a patent for a function space booking engine.
- Lead developers (team of up to 15 people) creating design documents. Made sure they followed design, implementation and testing guidelines. Oversaw version control processes.
- Liaised with Product Managers for Requirements documents and QA team for testing documents and requirements.
- Did Project Management for my team projects.
- Had a major role in triaging incoming issues, working with other teams to learn history, ownership, and priority of issues. Managed resources and deadlines at the end of product testing.
- Heavily involved in interviewing new recruits during hiring booms.
- Team Motivation: Empowered and motivated my team to deliver high quality software on time in spite of being at a remote site, and understaffed of engineers, product management and technical support staff
- Innovation: Part of a team that got a patent for the function space booking engine
- Met the challenge of managing a project that encompassed multiple teams, sites and projects. Ensured the team was motivated and that they remained committed to the project
- Liaised with Product Managers for Requirements docs. Worked with developers creating design docs. Did Project Management for my team projects. Made sure they followed design, implementation and testing guidelines. Oversaw Version Control processes
- Spent major role in triaging incoming issues, working with other teams to learn history, ownership, and priority of issues. Time management of resources and deadlines of issues at end of product testing before release
ABELSoftDevelopment Manager (Burlington ON) 1987.06-2000.08 Leading software provider to medical and dental practices.
C++, C, COM, Access, DOS, ISAM Database, SCO Xenix, Windows, HL7, Unix Scripting, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Rational Rose, RUP, Code Review, UI, Class Design, Interviewing Hirees, Performance Review
- Software Development Manager 1995-September 2000
- Software Lead Developer 1990 – 1995
- Software Junior Developer June 1987 – 1990
- Designed and developed many modules in the application: patient and doctor data, scheduling, billing, and reporting.
- Managed team, project scope and release planning.
- Created shell-scripts for product generation and installation, version control, and various dev. tasks.
- Created HL7 interface from hospital systems
- Managed a team of 6 developers. Reported to the President, was accountable for the team, and gave input for product direction. Liaison to other development team, documenters, QA, trainers
- Inspired Loyalty: had a low turnover in the group which resulted in more productivity
- Involved in all parts of SDLC
- was SourceSafe Administrator
- Communicated with customers often, either for customized solutions or for input on upcoming features
- SharePoint Code Camp. Toronto; 2009-01-24
- Rapid Software Testing with Michael Bolton. Mississauga; 2007
- Consulting As A Career Option Gov't program facilitated by Ian Kennedy. Toronto; 2004
- Siebel 7 Core Consultant. Toronto; 2002
- Java. Burlington; 1999
- Stephen Covey courses: Seven Habits, What Matters Most, Presentation Skills. Burlington
- Rational Unified Process/Rose. Metex. Burlington; 1999
- Ongoing Strategies for Innovative Technology Executives OnSite/Price-Waterhouse. Burlington; 1997
- Project Planning. Burlington; 1996
- Computer Science and Technology Diploma Sheridan College of Applied Arts and Technology. Brampton; 1987
- Webmaster of the Burlington Historical Society, using WordPress
- A member of several MeetUp/social groups: Silicon Halton, CoderCamp Hamilton, Software Hamilton
- Member of Mississauga .Net User Group
- Member of Toronto .Net User Group (since 2003)
- Member of Canadas Technology Triangle .NET User Group (since 2004)
- Was a member of Software Contractors Guild for a few years ~2004
- previously in Microsoft Project Users Group